Help Your Dog Heal From Ringworm
The word ringworm is deceiving because it is not a worm, but rather it is a fungal infection of the skin, hair, and nails caused by the dermatophyte fungus. This fungal infection is a highly contagious disease and the most common fungal skin infection. Ringworm can remain in the open environment for more than a year and can spread to other animals as well as people.
Dogs develop ringworm after being in contact with another infected animal or with bedding, furniture, grooming tools, or other objects contaminated with the skin cells or hair of an infected animal. All dogs are susceptible to acquiring ringworm and would benefit from a dog ringworm remedy, but some are particularly vulnerable.
Symptoms of Ringworms in Dogs
- Bald, scaly patches with broken hairs appearing in a ring-like pattern
- Skin lesions on the face, tips of ears, tail, and feet
- Scabs from a secondary infection
- Dry, cracked, brittle nails
At NHV, our plant-based remedies are formulated by a master herbalist as well as a holistic veterinarian having more than 20 years experience. NHV’s human-grade quality products provide support along with a vet-recommended treatment plan. Your canine companion will get the all-natural help needed to repair damage caused by the fungus and strengthen their immune system naturally.
Try these ringworm remedies for dogs to prevent infection, help them fight it off, and heal the damage ringworm causes.
Dogs at Risk for Ringworm
- Older dogs
- Long-haired dogs
- Dogs with a compromised immune system
Additional Support Tips
- Because ringworm can quickly spread to other animals in the household, it is imperative to separate the infected animal from others until you can visit the vet for a proper diagnosis.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly after touching your dog to help prevent ringworm on your dog from spreading.
Ringworm can drain your dog’s energy, prevent the absorption of nutrients from food, and damage the intestinal tract. Our dog ringworm remedy contains pure herbal extracts that contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring.
For more information on natural supplements for ringworm, ask an expert at NHV because our pet protectors are here to help with all of your pet concerns.